As of May 20th Americans have been scammed out of 35 million dollars based on the Coronavirus. Here are some of the ways that people will steal your money if you let them:
1) Beware of products that claim to prevent the disease. There have been many reports of medical scams. Understand that as of right now there are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or any prescription drug out there that is able to prevent and or cure Coronavirus. Red flag alert! Avoid any website, email or text that claims to have a product that can immunize you or cure you of this disease. Be careful. There’s more reason than one, to be wary of these type sites. When you click an attachment you might be downloading malware on whatever device you’re using. There’s malware out there that can steal your logins. Your bank account data and passwords. If there was a cure out there or even a preventative drug, rest assured that the government would be out there telling the world. This is an election year and if it’s promising you will know about it.
2) Be very careful about anything that you answer. Answering a phishing text or email in many cases puts you on a scammer’s list. These scammers share information about people Two weeks later they’ll try again, and again until they hit your hot button. There are plenty of investment scams going around right now. High return, or guaranteed return promises are all bunch of lies. Investing is gambling. Gambling with knowledge but gambling none the less. There’s no place on this planet to put your money except into something that is guaranteed safe and or FDIC backed. Remember, I said guaranteed safe, not guaranteed. No investment is guaranteed. That is end of story. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true it always is. If you’re not sure, contact consumer affairs in your area and ask them. They will help you. If you are desperate for cash at this time and happened to take out a payday loan we can help you with that. We offer our clients real PDL consolidation. Yes, real PDL consolidation as opposed to many of the scams out there promising to consolidate your debt and having absolutely no ability to do so. We are 23 years old with an A+ BBB rating. We get the job done properly. In most cases we can have your interest rates reduced down to 0% getting you out of debt a lot sooner than you could do yourself, especially at the 200 – 700% APR that your payday lenders are charging you right now. Real PDL consolidation works. If you need us you’re on the right site. Call us or fill out our form and we’ll get right back to you.
3) Data is the biggest business in the world. That has nothing to do with the Coronavirus. It’s been this way for a while now and people are getting used to it. Amazon, eBay, Facebook, your cellular carrier. They they’ve all been caught tracking you and your spending habits. What makes it so egregious is these large companies that are collecting your data are turning around and selling this data to third parties that their algorithms think you might purchase something from. They’re not breaking the law. Read one of those 3 page agreement you sign when you join one of these sites. read what you are allowing them to do and then decide if you want to use their services. I would guess for some of these companies collecting your data, their data selling business might very well rival the profits of the actual products they sell. Any unsolicited emails, or texts should be immediately deleted. Give zero thought to opening them. This is not like PayPal’s money back guarantee. If you lose your money to a scam you will never see it again. If you call the FTC, they will take your information and perhaps even say thank you. That’s all they’re going to give you. Stay away from anything you’re not sure of. Very important! Make sure all your software is up-to-date on all of your computers. This virtually assures that all security protocol is up-to-date too which will protect you from people that are trying to steal. This goes from mobile devices also. I’m sure you’ve noticed that both IOS and Android rollout monthly updates that are dedicated to security. Take advantage of what they give you. It’s a gift and it’s very protective.
Here’s the thing. In times like this where you might be heavily invested and losing money, or just out of work, you’re starting to feel pressure on many levels. People want to believe there’s a silver lining. A rainbow or a pot of gold. Not so. My point is that sometimes when we’re under financial pressure we can just make poor choices. That doesn’t have anything to do with intelligence or savvy. It’s simply fear-driven but you can get hurt. Stay mindful and be aware of your finances at all times. It wouldn’t hurt to change all of your sensitive passwords every week or two. I do it. Don’t use your son or daughter’s name and their birthdate. Pick a random sequence of numbers letters caps and lowercase, as well as symbols. I’ll use as many as any particular website will let me use if I consider it sensitive information. That’s how to put these people out of business. I’d also like to reiterate to you that if you have outstanding payday loans which are especially a product of the times right now we can help you. We’re exceptionally good at what we do. We can consolidate your payday loans for you and put you in a real PDL consolidation program. Your creditors will work with us and in most cases they will reduce your interest rate. Consolidating your payday loans has never been more important than it is right now. It saves you money! If your interest rate is reduced down to 0% you could literally save thousands of dollars a year. A real PDL consolidation program can help you. Our longevity and our reputation precede us and we are the best at what we do.
- Time flies, whether you’re having fun or not! - February 2, 2021
- Why Federal Financial is the best Advance Loan Company - December 20, 2020
- Who are we? Federated Financial, who are we? How and why did we get here, and how did we manage to stay? - December 19, 2020